Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday, July 27th Going out for supper tonight, - lovely thought. Youngest son has just been to the store for me. The thoughts of not having to cook the chops that he brought home, tonight, fill me with delight!! We are going through such a spell of terribly hot weather. Bruce and I went out into the garden this morning, but didn't stay more than five minutes, or so, it was so full of sunshine, and hot, hot, hot. The sun is just great in the months when the rest of the weather is cool, but in July!!!!! A shady spot is more to my liking...... Picked a couple of raspberries, which are nice and red and juicy;, but there are a number of bulbs that have just shriveled up and have died in this heat. It is cool in the house, thank goodness (or thank the air conditioner, and I suppose that is 'goodness' right now,) and I am lucky, lucky, to have it. I find refuge at the loom, and the air conditioner makes sleeping such a treat when one isn't hot, even with the blankets thrown off..... Right now the house is closed up tightly, and the shades are drawn. I am off to the loom, and this July day will pass, fairly comfortably..... Soon it will be August, and then September, which I think is my favourite month of the year. The start of everything good!

2 comments:

Debby said...

September is the start of good things. Two of my three were born in that month.

Hill Top Post said...

I remember reading about your liking for September, the going back to school month when you and the children all headed back to class. We are also hot, hot, hot here and in a bad way for rain, so I, too, am looking forward to leaving July behind.