Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday night.. The start of a new week, and I am hoping that it will be more productive than this last week has been. The weather has been so very hot, and I have been so very languid. I wander around the garden, poking here and there, and enjoying the flowers in bloom, but I don't really have a lot of energy to do anything but 'enjoy'. Brought in a few blooming stems to plunge into cool water in one of my fancy vases, and a rose bud that has taken up residence in a tea cup on the window sill.... And a bunch of those lovely yellow wall flowers, - I don't know the exact name for them, so I just call them 'wall flowers' as they grow tall and sturdy and provide great amounts of privacy in the back garden, growing against the fence as they do..... There was a 'do' today in honor of one of the ladies of the parish, but I am ashamed to say that the terribly warm weather (and my age, which is getting quite forbidding when it comes to gadding) kept me indoors where I read a bit and watched some interesting television, and was, on the whole, quite happy with a book in my easy chair, with the house so nice and cool. If I had been 88 I would have been moved to go, my sense of duty being stronger in those days than it is now that I am pushing 98. Being that age has its pros and cons, - it makes a lovely excuse for staying home, but on the other hand it is a dreadful reasons for missing some nice outings.... I have a warp on the loom that is challenging me to finish it this coming week, and as it is not a very exciting warp I am faced with the chance to finish it off as soon as possible, or putting my stool at the loom far down on the list of things to do next week. I think I should bite the bullet!!!! In the last few months my bed has developed a voice that gets louder as the evening goes on, and I hear it calling to me now, so I will gather up my Ipad and a good book and go and so what that bed feels is so urgent, - probably lonely again and wanting my company!!!! I hope for cooler weather this coming week, but the weatherman doesn't seem about to harken to my wishes and so I guess the sun will shine, furiously, and I will look for shady spots outside and keep the cool air coming inside from the cooling doo-dad we have going.

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

At almost 98, you deserve to do whatever you want every minute of your day! You have such a lovely way of expressing what you are seeing and feeling that makes me feel I am right there with you, walking along in your garden. You sound happy and content and that sounds wonderful!

Debby said...

At nearly 98, I would say you have a duty to take care of yourself too.