Tuesday, May 06, 2014

ABC Wednesday
May 8th, 2014

This week's letter is Q

For quaint, quirky, querulous quixotic  but also for Quips and Quotes, and the difference between the two.

A Quip is a clever, witty remark one makes, often prompted by the occasion - off the cuff, so to speak.

a Quote is someone else's clever, witty remark that hits the nail on the head.

Woody Allen's Quip, which I Quote - "In California they don't throw their garbage away - they make it into movies..."

And I guess that's all I have to say about Quips and Quotes.


For more takes on the letter Q visit here at ABC Wednesday, with thanks to Roger, Denise and all other quirky helpers.

8 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Ah, I love the Pig!

photowannabe said...

I do agree that not much good comes out of Hollywood these days.
All politics and media aside, there really is a lot of good in California...lots of great "normal" people and wonderful places to visit....if we could only get our government to really see us for who we are....what a wonderful world it would be....And you can QUOTE me on that....(:0)

The Weaver of Grass said...

That pig and that breakfast - wonderful!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Quite qute!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love Miss Piggy, the queen of pigs. Blessings!

SamuraiFrog said...

My favorite Miss Piggy quote: "Never eat more than you can lift."

Joy said...

Unquestionably true, made me think of those quick witted people whose quips have become quotes like "I have nothing to declare but my genius"

Leslie: said...

Quick and to the point! Excellent!

Leslie
abcw team