Friday, June 24, 2022

June 24th, 2022 Friday again,....... Lunch came, and was delicious except for the green beans, - green beans and I don't hasve a fondness for each other!! The house is responding nicely to Jan's clean-up, - I am so lucky to have this service. Not that the house gets untidy like it once did when there were six children at home, and I guess that in the past, when the children were growing up, housekeeping took second place to their needs. I am not sure that my mother-in-law would not put housecleaning up a notch or two, but I remember Marnie Bomford's advice that I don't place it first - family is most important, - and I think probably her words touched my heart and meant I would never be awarded a shining star for clean corners!!! Oh well..... I don't have the excuse of six children at home now, so it is lovely to have Jan to clean every week or two..... Spring stays spring-like - we haven't hit the hot weather yet and it's a pleasure to be outside. Mainly sitting on the blue bench - I get scolded if I pull weeds, so have to do that unobtrusively...... Thanksful that the flowering plants are mostly perennial and make a nice showing without too much effort. The main thing is to keep the cutch grass from growing tall and towering above the other greenery. Steve brought a great contraption yesterday, - one that helps you get into bed istead of standing on tiptoe and swinging the legs up after the rest of your body!!! I don't know when the bed learned to communicate, but it definitely calls to me as the evenings wear on, and this makes it much easier to respond, and enjoy music and a bit of Candy Crush before the eyes close - thankfully.... I am having good thoughts about winding a new towel warp and using up all the bits and pieces of various colours, but so far it is only "thoughts' and I haven't attached the cotton to start winding. Being 97 makes it easy to procrastinate, but when you are 97 time is of the essence and procrastination should be a thing of the past..... Still, I think how lovely it would be to use up all those cones with only a bit on them and I think the reslt would be quite cheerful in the kitchen. Well, the afternoon stretches out before me, - I think the house will soon be empty and I will be able to wind to my heart's content = or my shoulders complain.

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

That is good that you have a cleaning helper. My home does not get as dirty as it did when my 5 children were young but, like you, we were sometimes too busy to fuss with cleaning too much back then. It always got done before we had company come over, tho!
How nice that you enjoy your garden so! We have had hot weather here in Illinois so I am not venturing out as often - mostly just to water my plants!
Take care and enjoy your weaving and your blooms!

Debby said...

You know, being newly retired, I realize what a luxury it is to go to bed when I am tired, and to wake up when I am not. I hope I never get past savoring that small luxury. I also enjoy having the time to procrastinate. The years do pass by, but truly, the days wind out before us to spend as we see fit!