Monday, August 27, 2018

Gratitude and Satisfaction

Monday, August 27th, 2018

WOW!
What a day!

I woke this morning at six-o-three 
after a fabulous sleep,
and sprang* out of bed
to accommodate the little dog!

What a surprise......

Instead of smoke
I saw blue skies, white clouds, and
the sun just glimmering through
as it rose on the day.



Fresh air flowed through the open window...

The rain bucket was full!

Albeit a small one....

As you can see from the debris floating on top
it has been some time since that
bucket has seen rain water....
June, I think.


Wll it last?

Are we just enjoying the whim of passing air currents?

The fires close by are still burning ferociously...

the smoke is going somewhere?


How lovely not to have it here,

even for a morning!!!

....and I have a warp to beam on



All's right with the world

and the morning's at seven!


*sprang 

definition of this word changes with the years..

definitely it is dependent upon the age of the "sprangee"

I can remember springing out of bed
with the greatest alactricity  (my word)
in the younger years.

Now it is merely a way of expressing oneself
with  delight for the morning, or the greater
need which rouses one to 'spring'.


4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Oh how I agree Hildred. How I spring out of bed now and how I did fifty years ago bear no relation to each other.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I imagine that you spring with greater alacrity than many, if not most, people of lesser age! And anyway I agree with you that 'the spring' is all about how you feel about waking up! All in one's head. We had a clear day today (Bill said at breakfast 'what is that bright yellow shiny light outside the window anyway?'). There is still a fire only very partially contained burning many acres in the hills east of us, so I suspect, as for you, this may be but a temporary retrieve. But we reveled in it.

Around My Kitchen Table said...

I love that word "alactricity"! I don't have quite as much "alactricity" as I used to have but I still welcome each day and more swing out of bed than spring out of bed!
Around My Kitchen Table

Hill Top Post said...

Oh what a beautiful morning! Hopefully, the smoke will just go away...for good!