Saturday, October 28, 2017

This and that....

October 28th,  2017

Saturday evening, and I wore myself out in the garden today, snipping back spent flowers and plants and preparing the beds for winter.  I am about half way finished, and the wheelbarrow is piled high!!!

A cup of tea, a cookies, and a little nap revived me enough that I was able to start winding the warp  for my new planned project on the loom, having finished the last batch of tea towels. 



as they came from the loom


washed, pressed and awaiting hemming

This warp is delightful, - not as long, nor as wide - prospects of beaming and threading and sleying just eight inches of ends instead of twenty-four.  
The warp is a lovely wheat coloured Bambu and the weft a delicious yellow.....




I can hardly wait, but there are only a few days left to enjoy lovely October sunshine
and brilliant blue October skies
while I fill the wheelbarrow and feed the compost bin.

And then the Melancholy Month of November....




ah well - Christmas comes after and I have lots of weaving plans
for November.





5 comments:

Penny said...

All sounds lovely from one who is much younger, but struggling.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Tidying up gardens is always a chore; I think I'm doing a great job, then I stand back to admire my handiwork and....it still looks a mess!

Hill Top Post said...

Hildred, I just love the tea towels. The colors are delightful and suit my taste perfectly. Lucky are the people who are on your gift list. We just had our first freeze this past week, so I have already been out cleaning in the garden. I hope to be ready to start planting, without delay, when the weather is right come next spring. Oh, you do make November sound so dreadful. And, to think it is my birthday month. I'll be on the lookout during the month for those melancholy moments and let you know how I made it through. I hope the last days of October are as lovely there as they are here. :~)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am, as always, in awe of your talents and ambition! Your family will be so happy with your gifts. It is good to have plans for November, which definitely can be dreary on this side of the border as well. Not as bad after we retired (even before we started traveling) because I could get outside for at least a few minutes almost every day. When working, those few moments of November sunshine and light always came when I was stuck behind a desk or in a meeting.

Your header shot is just beautiful.

Barb said...

Those tea towels are wonderful! The moose have been clipping my seedheads for me. Unfortunately, I don't want their help. I still must throw out my seeds but we don't have enough snow yet. We're so dry this year. I like your tree Header!