Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Z is for Zest

ABC Wednesday

The letter is Z and the word is Zest

ZEST is one of the twenty-four strengths possessed by humanity -
a component of the virtue of courage.
 
ZEST is defined as living with a sense of excitement, anticipation and energy and involves acquiring the motivation to complete challenging tasks and cope with challenging situations.
 
ZEST is approaching life as an Adventure.
 
I have been familiar with Zest all my life, but haven't seen much of him in the last year or so.
 I would like to become intimate again, -
if you see Zest, please send him my way!!!!


Here we are at the end of the alphabet, -
who has the Zest to continue this great meme and start again at A, with thanks to Denise and Roger and all Zesty helpers!  Click here for more ZZZs

12 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Yes, keeping a ZEST for life is important!
ROG, ABC Wednesday

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Well... perhaps you have a different kind of 'zest' now than you used to. You take such joy in life (no matter what)...seems like zest to me!

But I am hanging on like those apples in your header, so my zest is a different kind of a one too these days ;>)

I need to find out more about those 24 strengths. Before it's too late.

photowannabe said...

Keep posting, Hildred!
It brings a Zest to all of us.
Sometimes it is difficult to keep the Zestfulness of life active. It can be a roller coaster. Keep on Keeping on!

Carver said...

Great Z word and I love the shot. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Leslie: said...

I used to have lots of zest, but wouldn't mind having some come my way again! lol

Leslie
abcw team

Kate said...

After all the cold weather that has blanketed the globe, a little zest would be welcomed! Kate, ABC Team

uberrhund said...

Great post for Z Hildred!
I find I have to seek out Zest some days though when I find it it does indeed fill me with purpose and motivation.
When next I see Zest I will give him a good shove Northward toward your doorstep!

Indrani said...

What a fine use of the word!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Please ask him to call in here on his way to you!

Ann said...

Great post for Zest!!!I feel I've kept a zest for life.

Ann

K V V S MURTHY said...

Suitable words for the picture..good day!

Reader Wil said...

Thank you Hildred for your post. At this moment I don't see Zest either as we are trying to cope with the heat in Australia.