Wednesday, December 15, 2010


Christmas Socks




Here are the results of my enthusiastic resolve to make socks for
all the men in my life

Less, of course, the four pair I gave away for birthday presents,
and the two pair that I mailed the other day before I remembered to take a picture.

So I am one pair short of my planned thirteen, and I might catch up after Christmas
and I might not!!!!

Perhaps I will make toques, or scarves for next year,
or perhaps I will indulge myself and take on a challenging project
that will hold my interest and my attention.  I have a wonderful pattern for a complicated blanket
that you can make in various sizes that really appeals to me....

Handknit Socks are so lovely on the feet, but they do get to be a bit much of the same thing
all the time! When you are making them......

Tomorrow I am going to make shortbread tarts to go
with the Lemon Curd that was today's loving project in the kitchen.

Ah Christmas - what happy memories you evoke, and what opportunities
to do the things that delight one!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Love those socks,and lemon curd, my grandmother used to make lemon butter, I wonder if it is the same as lemon curd, I think it may be. I have to confess I have never made it.

Family said...

I love your spirit and find you gifts, many. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are almost too talented!!

My feet were so cold while we were in damp Oregon -- I wore cozy socks everywhere every day!! Your loved ones will be so grateful.

I can't knit, but I CAN make lemon curd and that is ia wonderful idea -- since we're in Florida now and I need some last-minute gift ideas. Thanks for the idea!!

Fonnell/Grammie/mom said...

wonderful socks! How do you do it? Amazing. We had Dolores lemon curd with cranberry scones at Dorothys on monday and what a treat that is!

Barb said...

Hildred - the photo of the socks is wonderful - I'm glad you snapped a pic of them. They're colorful and look warm! You've reached your goal! Good that you're already planning another project.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

The socks look so warm and cosy and the lemon curd - delicious! A x