Friday, April 23, 2010

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
~Robert Frost

It is Wednesday, and Charles is off to entertain at the Care Centre with the
Senior Singers

Not one of April's best days.  The wind blusters about, intent
on blowing the blossoms from the flowering shrubs, and
causing the garden plants to adopt a decided lean to the East.

Still, I have seen a Magnolia Blossom from the tree
at the big house
and I am impatient to see the whole magnificent sight.


I set off to be buffeted down the lane.

At the turn in the road I stop to admire the glorious soft fruit blossoms.....


and to examine the apple blossoms 
'in the pink'
and eager to release their sentimental fragrance


The magnolia tree is magnificent.
The west wind has scattered the clouds above 
and there is enough blue in the sky to make a sailor a pair of pants
and to provide a perfect background for these delicate blooms.



I stop and chat a bit, discussing the ways of the world
and taking note of the flowering almond, - its branches packed tightly with
tiny tender pink buds.



and the interesting old tree alongside the house



It is getting close to lunch time and I trek back up the lane..

Meanwhile, back in the garden the big celebration is Tulip Time 





and Sweet Honesty and the lemony Spurge bloom along with them




Along the road and in the pasture the dandelions hold their own golden converse.


and a mourning dove waits to greet me home.

5 comments:

Fonnell/Grammie/mom said...

I've been teaching weekly gardening classes for beginners and it keeps me from my garden but today I worked outside and you described the apple blooms fragrance perfectly! My it was lovely to breath it in. What a beautiful posting you did today!

Kcalpesh said...

Lovely captures a real treat for Nature lovers!

Pixellicious Photos

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Beautiful. Garden is my "World" too.
Luiz Ramos

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your post is almost making me cry with nostalgia (good crying). We haven't really had Spring, as we think of it, since we started our full-time life style. (One of the trade-offs.) So I am remembering the Magnolia tree we had in our stick-home before we sold it and thinking of our other Northwestern spring flowers. Our daughter and friends keep me updated on Spring in Oregon, but your pictures are magnificent and conjure up those images better than words ever could.

Barb said...

I am enthralled with your blooms and blossoms, Hildred. You live in a Paradise, for sure. I'm glad you took us along on your walk. I so enjoyed this post!