Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Trip to the City

Over the hill and into the Okanagan on the last day before the Big Snow!



Similkameen ranch lands



A frosty forest beside the road to Yellow Lake.



The water shimmers as a skim of ice declares itself....



We round the corner, past the golf course where the camera catches the bright sun and the sparkle of the snow......



through Marron Valley and up the hill where we catch sight of lazy clouds floating above Okanagan Lake.



Beneath the clouds the lake is alive with puffs of steam..





And on the summery beach a light skiff of snow makes promises for a white Christmas.



We shop! What a bewildering array of gifts, - some beautiful scarlet faux flower decorations catch my eye - and so does the price! I put them back reluctantly and keep looking for presents...

We make a false start home, - have to go back to M & M's and to the Hearing Man. Eventually we turn down the beach road and up the hill. At the turnoff to the Similkameen I catch a nice picture of the hills where, in the springtime, I watch for black-eyed Susans.



As we turn the corner to go up Roadhouse Hill I loosen my boots, stretch my poor shopworn feet, put the camera back in my purse and go into nodding mode!

It was a lovely day to go to town......

1 comment:

Connie said...

Nice pictures, and a lovely blog!
(c; connie