Sunday, June 02, 2013

Sunday, June 2nd, 2013

There are puddles in the back lane and I know  there must have been rainbows around today as the sun shone through dozens of showers, but I am not in the right place to see them, - location, location......  I am cosied up between two town lots, - lovely and sheltered from wind and weather, but not open enough to see the hills and the sky, except to the north.

However, I did have one indication of how wet the last two weeks have been, and how damp the garden stays.  I picked fresh lettuce from the garden, washed it well and made a salad for supper.
 
As well as I had cleaned it and picked it over my DIL found a baby snail clinging to a green leaf, and I have to tell you it was the first  snail I have ever seen in any of my gardens in this arid semi-desert!  Or in any of my salads - and what a good sport she was about it!  She didn't gasp, or shriek, but was calm and classy as she scooped up another helping of greens.

Well, I suppose if you can't have Escargot from the seaside a baby snail from the garden is the next best thing!!!!

 
A borrowed picture from the internet.......
 
I have been so lucky with my daughters-in-law, - all of them kind and generous;
responsible and loveable young women!

The weather report tonight is not especially encouraging.
 I wonder if I will wake up to the willow in the front garden
leaning it's elbows against the porch and peering through to the
kitchen to see if the coffee is on....

I have to beat it with a broom to remove enough rain drops to allow it to stand up straight again!

It must make an intriguing early morning picture.....





4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I would suggest that that is because they have a kind generous, loving and responsive MIL Hildred.

Barb said...

You've made me smile - a little protein in your salad. And yes, your neighbors must be wondering about he broom and the poor willow. We are both blessed with our D-i-L's, Hildred.

Dimple said...

I love the picture you painted of the willow: I have a lilac which, although it is quite sturdy, sometimes needs a broom taken to it!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Poor willow tree; after a stormy night, you can't blame it for wanting into your cozy kitchen!

Good for your DIL ... and I agree, a little bit of extra protein never hurt anybody!