Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ABC Wednesday

S is for Strolling

I have given up the brisk walk of my younger days, and now I STROLL.

I stroll with the dog, and as he is old too, and blind and deaf, he is a suitable companion for such lovely adventures Strolling down the lane.

I stroll at the store, leaning companionably on the grocery cart.

And I stroll around the garden, although a lot of my time there is spent bending over, creating order out of chaos.

Lately I have been Strolling through Cyber Space, stopping here and there to visit Blogs that awe me, entertain me, educate me, inspire me and some that leave me feeling down right inadequate, they are so beautifully constructed and so magnificently articulated.

The pathway leads me to such varied countrysides. A few nights ago I stopped in Fairyland and read the postings of a number of Bloggers who live in the Land of Children's Books and have adopted the Fairies, the Elves and the Trolls into their own particular Blogland. Wonderful pictures of ethereal maidens and handsome princes, - magical golden coaches and Little People who serve the ethereal maidens and the handsome princes. I was enchanted....

I am amused and bemused at some of the extraordinary witty blogs, as I Stroll from one brilliant posting to another. Clever, sharp and humorous, - I immediately bookmark them to retrace my steps and visit another day.

In my Stroll I find literary blogs, travelogues, the use of words and phrases that make me smile with pleasure, pictures of flowers and gardens and far off places, superb descriptions of nature that touch my heart and as a contrast, wonderfully practical and down to earth blogs, comforting in their simplicity and wisdom.

It is not too long ago that I gave up the brisk walk, and it still comes in handy in emergencies, but to Stroll is so relaxing, so conducive to seeing what magical things lie all around you. It is a precious part of growing old(er).....

8 comments:

magiceye said...

strikingly lovely and refreshing post!

Greetings from the ABC Team!

Jay said...

Strolling is good for the soul! I love the older dogs, partly because they're not so demanding in terms of exercise, but also because of their wonderfully accepting natures and graceful attitude to life and ageing.

But exercise is good as you get older too - helps keep the bones strong!

Carol said...

Lovely posting....much wisdom here....our modern world is very fast paced....a little strolling would do alot of good....

Sylvia K said...

I think a lot of us are strolling these days! Lovely post!

Q said...

Strolling with a camera is my idea of a hike!
I enjoyed this stroll with you.
Sherry

Tumblewords: said...

Strolling is a good thing! Lovely post!

Barb said...

I'm glad you're enjoying a stroll, both in Nature and in Blogland. We might be getting old(er), but your wisdom is refreshing at any age.

Hildred said...

Thank you, - would love to invite you all along to stroll with me.

And Jay, in the past two weeks Charles and I have planted fifty curly willow trees, - tell me that counts as exercise, please....