Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April 27th, 2022 Wednesday This morning I thought I would wait (impatiently) until the sun warmed up the garden and then I would go and poke around a bit!! But the sun was traitorous, and hid behind one of the many clouds that came to cover the blue sky, - and it was so promising while I had my breakfast. Ah well, there is tomorrow, and I hear my loom clapping its treadles together as it anticipates an afternoon of weaving. I am anxious to put some seed in the ground. The sweetpeas, and some sunflower seed to cover the backfence and give some privacy while one lounges around with some iced tea, or a favourable substitutue|! What comes to mind is a cool gin for a five o'clock refresher! However, I need the pleasant offer of a ride to the garden shop before I can go and buy so many of the things that my heart desires!!!! The blue china tub that sits at the side of the front verandah, and all the pots on the backyard patio are waiting for me and my wallet to go to Don and Anna's garden shop!!!! Youngest son is a good prospect, - and willing........ Maybe tomorrow...... or the next day... (I'm sure that youngest son will read this....) In the meantime I think I will make a cup of tea and take it in to sit beside the loom while I weave a bit.....

5 comments:

Debby said...

Isn't it wonderful to finally be considering seeds and flowers again? Of course, here, it is snowing again.

Morning's Minion said...

An early morning prowl of the garden area is a delight from the time of first flowerings through to autumn frosts. Here it is the vintage clematis Candida that rushed into bloom before the last frosts threatened. The present bloom is a reward for having labored to cover the vine with old sheets through several bitter nights. Mornings are still chilly especially in the plot on the west side of the house. So many desirables of seeds and plants--and I can't have them all.

Ellen D. said...

I always wait until after May 15th to plant flowers in the Spring. It is my parents anniversary and it was my Mom's rule about gardening! They would have been married for 74 years this year! Not quite as long as you and your husband. They met in the church choir.

Hildred said...

Ellen - that's a lovely place to meet... My husband had a very sweet tenor voice and it was always a delight to stand by him while he sang, but that didn't happen much because I usually ended up playing the organ......

The sun is shining and I am about to go out into the garden to examine various plants for the chance of buds - no bloom yet except early bulbs but spring is dancing in over the hills!!!!

Ellen D. said...

Hello Hildred! Just popping in to see how you are doing. Hope all is well and you are enjoying your blooming garden. Bet it looks beautiful and hope you get out to enjoy it! Take care!