Saturday, March 26, 2022

March 26th - a beautiful Saturday morning. Callie the Cat has put her front paws on the bottom of the screen door and looks appreciatively (and probably longingly) at the coming of spring. I look out my computer room window and see that the teasels are getting longer and fatter, and on the branches there are very small and promising leaf buds. Why am in here at the computer when I should be out on the verandah, soaking up sunshine and sipping coffee!!!!!!! Well, there is time for that before lunch, if I keep this little post sweet and short..... As we come to the end of March I await with great pleasure all the wonderful surprises that April has. There is the promise that in a short while the lilac tree will be in bloom, and the honeysuckle, both of which make sitting out in the backyard garden such a delight. The older I get the more precious Springtime is, and I don't let it pass without being aware and welcoming. I am off to swish the dust off the porch furniture, and I will answer the call to sit in the sunshine and watch the buds and green leaves as the trees and little garden bushes hear spring calling too......

1 comment:

Ellen D. said...

It is still quite cold here but I am sure April will bring some warmer days. My daffodils are getting so close to blooming - opening a tiny bit during the day but closing up tightly at night!