Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Daybyday cum Garden cum Recollections etc. etc.


Off on my sidebar I have this long list

of Blogs which once I posted to

enthusiastically and with great energy

but times have changed

and so I have decided to amalgamate...,

(there's a good word)

the main reason being that I feel lazy and unproductive
when I go from one ABC Wednesday letter
to the next, without anything in between
even though I think in my mind
of a thousand things I'd like to write about!

So tonight it is DaybyDay cum Garden

and the picture above is redolent of the garden
in mid-summer
when all the springtime pastels have 
said farewell and the
vivid reds and yellows and purples of summer
come into their own.

I have stolen a few new potatoes
from the little curtain at the bottom of the 
potting bag that allows you to do that,
and enjoyed them with mint and new peas...
only a few of which twine themselves
around a pretty metal tower.

It makes me feel that I have a garden again!


Oh happy days, when I had a gardener too......


These days I find my happiness tending the flowers

(which sometimes requires that I roam the garden
with my machete, filling barrels of yard waste with extra greenery
I get so carried away at planting time)!!!

Here is a little smattering of these vibrant colours....




















and the early morning smoke that drifts down from the
wildfires in the Cariboo/ Chilcotin
where my dear children keep vigil
and wait for the smoke and the danger to go away.


4 comments:

Nicola Finch said...

Beautiful gardens Mum and a Lovely memory of your gardener!! ❤️❤️ Good idea to almagamate too! XO

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The garden and all your flowers are stunning -- and the memories are priceless. I love the picture of your dear (co)-gardener. I'm glad you decided to amalgamate your blogs -- because I always think I will go and look at your others but this (happily) is the one I have on my Feedly list and sometimes I don't even have the energy to look at one extra blog . (As I have told you many times, your energy and talents put me to shame!)

Panharith said...

Good idea to almagamate too! XO

เย็ดสาว



sanpiseth40 said...

Good idea to almagamate too! XO


ลา ลีกา สเปน