Monday, September 24, 2012

Blue Monday

Monday, September 24th, 2012

Yes, Monday....why is it so often a gloomy day??? 
 
Not gloomy weatherwise, just spiritwise, it seems to me.
 
I did finally make the apple sauce first thing this morning, and that should have been enough to raise the spirits, but somehow, after I had done the floors and the beds and the bathrooms the day seemed to get away on me and I napped a bit in the afternoon, and was just generally out of sorts......
 
So I will post some pictures I took in the garden at coffee time,
and they at least will be cheery and upbeat. 
 
 And perhaps I will find a few sweet words to say at the end.....
 
 
Charles took this photo of Mr. Lincoln against the morning sky
 
 
 
 
and Abraham Darby is looking quite chipper these days
 
 
 
 
 
Colour in the peony leaves, and another of Charles' pictures -
the Mountin Ash against the blue sky
 
 
 
Fiddling about with a cloud photo from long ago
I included an excerpt from the New Zealand Prayer Book
which seems like good night time advice.

double click to enlarge and read unless your eyes are exceptionally good.....
 
 
Hopefully I will awaken tomorrow feeling more like Pooh Bear and
less like old Eyeore!!!
 
 

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hope you are chirpy this morning Hildred. The don't know how much your lovely roses cheered me up. We have had five inches of rain here in thirtysix hours and we are marooned in a sea of floodwater - so anything including a bit of blue sky is a treat indeed.

Barb said...

I enlarged all the photos which sure made me feel good on a chilly CO morning Hildred. Your flowers still look spectacular. Mine have all gone to seed.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It is funny that the "mood" of a day is often the same in retirement as it was when I worked....blue Monday, hum-day, TGIF.... and who really cares about that when every day now is a weekend if I want it to be. And yet.....

The New Zealand prayer is wonderful..it is similar to the advice my father once gave me when I told him I had insomnia... I try!

Reader Wil said...

Your photos and post made me happy at least! Monday is an interesting day. It has been used in many expressions on a Blue Monday. I don't mind what day of the week it is.
Anyway I wish the two of you a happy week with beautiful autumn colours.

Carver said...

Beautiful sequence of shots. The flowers are gorgeous.

Morning's Minion said...

Oh, the Eeyore days! There are times when nothing on the 'to do' list gets done and I end feeling that I've frittered away a day.Sadly this applies to the things I really want to do--not simply the tasks that should be done. Getting outdoors in such a mood is a help--my mother used to call it letting the cobwebs blow away.
I'm tempted to try the Austin roses here in Kentucky--my favorite rugosas sulk through the heat and humidity of a southern summer.