Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April 12th - Tuesday Lovely day, - wonderful invitation from blue sky and sunshine - 'come and join us' I know that if I slip out the back door and around the corner of the house I will find a beautiful clutch of daffodils in bloom, - they were ready to pop a few days ago. Everything else is growing like mad and one never knows what might have pushed their little green stubs through the earth since the last time you looked. I feel erxtremely lucky that I have reached the age of ninety seven and still have a back garden and a shady spot where I can go out and enjoy the greenery - the leaves coming out on the trees along the creek bed and the occasional deer that pops out to enjoy the meadow. I don't do a lot of travelling these days so it is particularly lovely that I live in such a nice spot, and the occasional drive through the valley is something to be treasured.... I plan a morning outdoors. Bruce, the dog, will welcome that too - would love to take the cat with me as well, but she is too agile about climbing fences and jumping down the lane!!!! The leaves on the tree outside my window are getting larger and greener every day, and the bloom on the neighbour's apricot tree make me yearn for a trip down the valley soon, when the apples will be in bloom as well. Did I say that before? Well,. if I did I'm not surprised, - it is a thought that is often with me. I will let you know if this yearning materializes.....

3 comments:

Ellen D. said...

My daffodils are in full bloom and I just love to sit at my kitchen window and watch them dance in the breezes. A rainy day today but that is fine with me. I have a bit of cleaning to do inside so I won't be tempted to wander outside!
Enjoy every moment of your lovely blooming garden! You deserve it!

Debby said...

I hope that you got your trip outdoors. Happy Easter to you.

Country Cottage said...

You have such a lovely way with words and how wonderful your garden sounds. Enjoy!