Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 30th, 2019

And tomorrow is

 CANADA DAY



Charles and David raising the flag on the first of July,

probably some ten years ago



and I am reminded that I have forgotten to replace this flag

which grew tattered and torn over the years

it flew above the house

until I took it down last fall.

And now, alas, I have only the flag that covered

my loved one's coffin

to fly in its stead!

What to do???

And how could I have been so forgetful???

(the answer to that probably lies in my age, too much weaving, and a lot of gardening)

Well, I will go and ponder this problem!

No doubt, as the day dawns we will raise the flag 

in honour of the country

and in  sweet Remembrance!!!

p.s.


And of course you will remember
to pay proper homage
to the White Rabbit,

as July dawns,
bright and sunny.



No comments: