Monday, June 26, 2017

Y for Yanni

ABC Wednesday
June 28th, 2017

The letter is Y for Yanni



A Greek musician

known and admired for his synthesized music

which has been described as 

"a kind of peaceful easy-feeling link

between pop music and classical music".



A video from his concert in the Acropolis...

(The Storm / Vivaldi)

a fitting place

for a Greek Musician, although

Yanni emphasizes the world-wide

aspect of his music.

And another,  which I like very much

The Rain Must Fall


More Ys here at ABC Wednesday
with thanks to those who
maintain this great meme.





7 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Hi Hildred! How impressive and brilliant Yanni is! Does he play all those instruments?
I love this music and actually all Vivaldi's compositions. So it was a surprise for me!
Thanks for your comment !

photowannabe said...

So wonderful. I hadn't thought of Yanni in ages.

MelodyK said...

Lovely music... nice choice for Y also. well done.

Photo Cache said...

My husband loves Yanni, we went to see his concert many years ago.

Frankly My Dear

ellen b. said...

Yanni has his own style which is nice. Hope your week is going well.

Rajesh said...

Great musician.

Roger Owen Green said...

People were really mean to Yanni. I own none of his music but appreciate his artistry.

ROG, ABCW