Saturday, February 08, 2014

Little accomplishments and a sunny day

 
 
I have mastered the art of Navaho plying after a great deal of conversation
with my spinning wheel, that through neglect has grown careless about the
way it responds to my loving touch.
 
I am happy about this, even though I may never use the art.  It bolsters my confidence, which
is not always as strong as it once was!!!  Or am I falling prey to EGO again?????
 
And I have started to knit a sweet little pair of fingerless gloves
from the resulting pink wool and silk handspun, although I am not quite sure that
my wrist is ready for the twists and turns required to knit.
 
 I have had a friendly tea time visit and a pot of spring bulbs from the
Royal Purple Ladies in honour of said wrist...
 
 


 
It is a cold, clear bright day, with pussy willows and shadow



There is a date with the Berlin Philharmonikera at 11:00 a.m. to watch and listen to Berlioz' Symphonie Fantastique with Herbert Blomstedt conducting, and an afternoon out and about, doing errands in the sunshine - my second time out with the car since my adventure with the slippery ice and the process of becoming a Bionic Granny.



 
Nothing is quite 'perfect' anymore, but all of  this comes close to making me happy
and contented, and so I am off to shower and start the day with a song and a smile....

5 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Beautiful pictures Hildred which must give you a bright start to your day. I take it from your comments that you slipped and injured your wrist (I must go back and read earlier posts as I haven't looked in for a while) Keep up with the knitting if only a little at a time. I have found it beneficial recently having suffered with arthritis in my thumb and wrist and now have full use of them again! Best wishes to you. A x

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

"Perfect" changes over time. Your planned day sounds perfect for you right at this perfect moment in time.


The pussy willows make me happy (and bring back PNW memories).

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Nothing made by man is ever perfect. As any good musician will tell you there are always mistakes.

The Weaver of Grass said...

What an uplifting post Hildred - I hope your whole day was a sunny one.

Barb said...

Came by to see how you are, Hildred. I'm glad you're out and about, busy as usual. A bionic Granny actually has a nice ring to it. Keep healing and smiling. I enjoyed your winter photos.