Monday, May 07, 2012

Monday, May 7th, 2012

A day of great efficiency for me.  I did the laundry, cut the lawns, shined the floors and dusted, paid the monthly bills online and snipped some rhubarb  - baked a rhubarb crisp for supper and put together a colourful gingery stir fry......

I don't get that much accomplished every day, but I wakened quite energized and one must not let these moments go to waste!!!!

Tomorrow we plan to go to Penticton, where I am going to visit that most dangerous of shops, - the plant nursery at Knapp's Plantland!  I figured if I got the house into ship-shape condition I could spend the rest of the week in the garden, and surely that Rhubarb Crisp will last us most of the week!

May continues to be a perfect sweetheart of a month, and the weatherman's chart shows great sun icons for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I will be on the lookout for hillsides golden with Balsam tomorrow, the bridal veil of the Saskatoons and leaves that cling to springtime green, making an aura around the newly awakened trees and shrubs.  I think we will take a thermos and some lunch and have a picnic!!!!




 These last two pictures were taken on Eagle Bluff by Al Tinka,  on May 3rd, 2012, and I am hoping he won't mind me sharing their beauty here.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do agree about those days when one wakes up full of energy - they get rarer as one gets older, so they must be harnessed to the full. I am not sure what a rhubarb crisp is Hildred - is it what we call crumble here?

Wanda..... said...

Hope that energy carries over today for your picnic and trip to the plant nursery...but then one wouldn't want to be too energetic in the buying of beautiful flowers which would 'all' need planting... lovely hanging baskets would probably attract my eye today. Husband is fine now, but night before, we had an emergency run to the hospital. Today will be a day of rest.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Well, if we were there that rhubarb crisp wouldn't last long at all! (One more spring thing we miss down here -- I wonder if native Floridians would even know what rhubarb is -- it sure wouldn't grow ).

You had a great day -- I know what you mean about knowing as soon as you wake up that it will be that kind of day (not that I accomplish ever as much as you do though)....

Unknown said...

Your photo with the white flowers is absolutely beautiful!