Saturday, January 01, 2011

River of Stones

I have just posted the River of Stones participation badge, with some trepidition.

I think it is a marvelous discipline to foster awareness, but not sure that my efforts will be 'up to par'.

Nevertheless, I strengthen the sinews of my mind and plunge in, hoping not to be too pedestrian....

I woke this morning and padded through the dark house to go and turn the coffee on, - my attention was drawn to the sky, the moon and the morning star as they presented  through the high cathedral windows.

A crescent moon fades into the dawn sky
Light rims the hills
Above, a morning star

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're joining us in the River! Understand the trepidation but the important bit is the observation not the product, so hope that helps take the pressure off... loved this one anyway. If you want to appear in The River (top left of the blog) you'll need to label each stone post with 'aros'. Thanks, Fiona

Barb said...

Hi Hildred,
Since I enjoy your writing so much - more is better! The poem is evocative - I can see what you saw. Happy New Years Day.

Gigi Ann said...

What a lovely view to wake up to. I can see it in my minds eyes.

Barb said...

Well - you inspired me. I joined, too!

Unknown said...

Hi Hildred,
Your small stone is lovely. Well done!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I don't know what River of Stones is, but I enjoyed both of our posts immensely and, as always, I so admire your talent, ability and willingness to keep trying new things == and to share with us.

Happy New Year to you and Charles.

fweakijam said...

Your descriptive writing is beyond me, you are forever young and insightful but your eye for photography is also an incredibly pleasurable gift! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!
Merry

Hildred said...

Thank you for kind words and instructions.

Merry, I have followed you to Vimeo, and love your daughters' birthday tributes. Beautiful....

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hildred -- I couldn't find the comment button on your third ROStones post -- the one about about your friends in the assisted care facility, but really wanted to let you know how lovely that post is and such a tribute to your friends; and how kind you are. I hope I can be as good a friend as you are and I hope I have at least one!