Friday, January 21, 2011




It is grey and gloomy here today.  I made the bathrooms sparkle and played a little joyful music, but now I am turning to memories of the first day of summer, when the garden was green and the air was golden;  the poppies nodded in the warm sun and the roses and delphiniums and iris joined the peonies in a big garden party.  I expect that pictures of that day will lift my spirits, and yours too, I hope.  Close your eyes, - now open them, - it is the First Day of Summer, - join me on the garden path........



Did you smell the fragrance, and did it make you eager for spring, soft clouds, blue sky and balmy breezes?

River Stone #21

Is it memories
or anticipation
that light the fire?

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I really loved the photo, it's a nice reminder of what spring will bring! It was nice also to see more of your garden in the video, Hildred.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful. Perfect photo -- and the anticipation (weather-wise) is something I think we kind of miss down here in FL. Interesting to think about, so a good river stone for me!

Dimple said...

Wonderful video, the music reminded me of Greensleeves, and the tour through your garden was uplifting.
I think anticipation lights the fire, and memories keep it alive...but that's just me!