Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ABC Wednesday

Q is for Quivering Aspen

Quivering - it gives me a nice shivery feeling. I don't think of quivering with fear, - I think of quivering with delight!

And what nicer tree to give you that feeling of delight than the Quivering Aspen, with its delicate leaves turning in the breeze, reflecting the sunlight, and just, well, all a-quiver!

Here are three baby Quivering aspen we found in a little grove of trees at a coffee break on our way from Princeton to Merritt.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

They are such pretty trees. We have one in our copse. Whenever I see it I always think of the poem -
Willows whiten,
aspens quiver,
little breezes dart and shiver.
Tennyson I think.

Carol said...

Beautiful! I do love the aspens...I love the way they quiver and look like sparkling gold...great Q!

Jay said...

That's beautifully lit, with those three trees shining out in the middle! Good job!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

Fonnell/Grammie/mom said...

I remember lying on the ground under a grove of aspens, held down by my back pack so weighty. I was a teen hiking deep in the California Sierras. The breeze that cooled a tired hiker also made the grove do the most amazing movement. I felt if I held still enough and watched long enough I could join in on the dance.

Thank you for reminding me of such a nice memory.